Work With Us
Share your skills and passion for theatre with us while helping to bring new works to the stage!
- ANPF is managed by a volunteer Board of Directors
- The Reading Committee reads and selects the finalist plays for our flagship Fall Festival
- Event Volunteers support our performances and other events
- We also coordinate with SOU’s Theater Department to work with student interns in the fall. For SOU students interested in internship experience, visit your theatre adviser for more information or email us at: email@example.com
We also hold general auditions in Ashland and in major cities on the West Coast. Click here to read our audition information.
The journey that leads to the Fall Festival begins in December, when the Reading Committee convenes. The Committee’s more than 50 volunteer readers begin with organizational and training meetings in the fall and then read scripts (without the authorship being known) throughout the winter and spring, meeting in discussion groups either in person or through Zoom to debate the merits of the hundreds of plays submitted to ANPF each year.
Through a series of group discussions and employing a numerical scoring system, readers reduce the submissions to 10-15 finalists. Then the artistic director leads the collaborative process of choosing the four winners.
The Reading Committee is the largest volunteer group within ANPF. Readers with a variety of backgrounds join or are recruited from the community at large and beyond. Some of our readers are former thespians, playwrights, and directors. Others join out of general interest or because of their passion for new plays. The thread that links the readers is a deep love of theatre.
Have any questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Becoming a reader is certainly a substantial commitment – each reader will spend many hours reading and evaluating 50-60 plays. New this year, we offer the option to partner you with someone to split a script load in order to enable those with time constraints to take part.
Becoming a reader is also a great deal of fun! In fact, more than 75% of our readers return to the process year after year.
If you’d like to join in this exciting venture, click the button below to fill out and submit the Reading Committee Questionnaire. For your responses, we prefer for you to elaborate at length rather than give monosyllabic answers. This is our chance to get to know you!
Event volunteers make our festival and other performances not only possible but successful, as our community of supporters recognize year after year. We love these passionate individuals who give their time and talents to support ANPF and its events.
Event volunteers include assistance with:
- Food service
- Lodging procurement
- Transportation for visiting playwrights and actors
- Box office helpers
- Set up/clean up
If you would like to become an event volunteer or if you have other skills you would like to share with ANPF, e-mail email@example.com with the subject “Volunteering” to let us know about your interest in supporting ANPF at our events.
Our volunteer coordinators look forward to connecting with you!
ANPF operates under Equity’s SPT contract; both union and nonunion actors are welcome. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and therefore encourage performers of all ethnicities, gender identities, and ages, as well as performers with disabilities, to audition.
We are accepting submissions for future projects on an ongoing basis.
About the Fall Festival for Actors
- Expect 16-20 hours of rehearsal, followed by two public performances and talkbacks
- Equity and Non-AEA Actors are welcome to apply
- ANPF uses an AEA SPT-1 contract
- A travel stipend and housing are provided for all out-of-town actors
When: We accept digital submissions at any time.
How: Email Katie Bullock at firstname.lastname@example.org with a digital copy of your headshot and resume and include a link to one of the following:
- A self-taped contemporary monologue or a reel on an outside platform such as Vimeo or YouTube. (Please send the password if your video is not public.)
- A website that includes your reel.